It is the mission of the Ontario County Probation Department to enhance community safety, assist victims, and provide opportunities for adult and juvenile offenders to gain the skills needed to be positive contributing members of our community. To accomplish this, we provide outcome-based and cost-efficient services, using innovative programing to better serve our clientele and enhance the safety of all residents of Ontario County.
- Family Court Orders of Protection: Issued as part as a civil proceeding. Its purpose is to stop violence within a family, or intimate relationship, and provide protection for those individuals affected.
- Juvenile Supervision: For those who have committed criminal acts and are below the age at which ordinary criminal prosecution is possible. Ages 9-16
- Day Reporting Program: An on-site cognitive reconstructing program designed to change an offender's adverse thinking patterns, provide education and job training to enable long-term employment, and hold unemployed offenders accountable during the day.
- Pretrial Release: Pretrial Release is where a defendant is released from jail while the criminal case is pending.
- Court Ordered Community Service
- Pre Sentence Investigations: An investigation into the history of a person convicted of a crime before sentencing to determine if there are extenuating circumstances which should ameliorate the sentence or a history of criminal behavior to increase the harshness of the sentence.
- Adult Supervision: The release of an offender from detention, subject to a period of good behavior under supervision.