Benefits, Compensation & Pensions
- Awards and Medals: Assistance in applying for military awards, medals, and decorations.
- Burial Benefits: U.S. Flag, headstone / marker for unmarked grave, Presidential Memorial Certificate, monetary allowance (veterans who were receiving V.A. compensation, pension or died at V.A. Medical Center at time of death; or died of a service-connected disability).
- CHAMPVA / CHAMPUS / TRICARE: healthcare for families of 100% service-connected veterans and families of military retirees.
- Civil Service Veterans’ Credits: Assistance with paperwork in obtaining veterans credits.
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC): Monthly benefits paid to widow(er)s and children of veterans who died while in the military, died of a service-connected disability, or was 100% service-connected at time of death. No income limit.
- Education Benefits: A monthly benefit (based on period of military service) paid to veterans who are attending a V.A. approved school. Spouses and children of permanently and totally disabled veterans are also eligible.
- Home Loan Guaranty: A guaranty made by the V.A. to banks, for veterans purchasing homes with V.A. loans.
- Hunting / Fishing License: Reduced fee for veterans who are 40% or more service-connected disabled.
- Medical and Dental Benefits: Assistance in completing forms for medical care given by the V.A. Medical Centers. Eligibility based on amount of military time, service-connected disabilities and/or income. Prescriptions cannot be filled unless prescribed by V.A. physician.
- New York State Real Property Tax Exemption: Assistance in applying for a property tax exemption for wartime veterans owning property in NYS.
- New York State Thruway Pass: Assistance in obtaining free access to the NYS Thruway (for severely disabled veterans).
- Non-Service Connected Pension: A monthly payment paid to wartime veterans who are totally and permanently disabled and have income under the established income limits.
- Replacement of Lost Documents: assistance in obtaining- separation / discharge papers, marriage, birth, death, and divorce documents.
- Service Connected Compensation: A monthly benefit paid to veterans for their disabilities caused or aggravated by military service
- V.A. Insurance: Assistance with insurance matters including applications for insurance proceeds upon veteran's death.
- Widow's Death Pension: A monthly payment made to widow(er)s of wartime veterans who have income under the established limits.