The Ontario County Office of Economic Development continues to monitor the ever-changing environment we face as we work through the complexities presented as a result of COVID-19. We continue to engage with local, state, and federal leaders, as well as local partners, to provide you with the most accurate and current information available.
ESD has set up a web portal for individuals with business-related COVID-19 issues and questions. We encourage you to take advantage of this system on the ESD website which is updated with the latest available guidance and information regarding COVID-19.
REMINDER: If your business is part of an exempt industry/function on the essential list then you do NOT have to submit an application.
REMINDER: Even if your business is deemed essential, please take all practical steps to reduce density by allowing remote working and implementing social distancing.
REMINDER: To help keep up with the quickly changing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, below are some important resources related to the economic impacts for businesses and workers…
- Governor Cuomo Executive Orders reducing in-office workforce by 100% for non-essential businesses percent:
- Businesses able/interested in supporting the pandemic response with needed supplies or products should send an email:
- ESD has set up a web portal and FAQ page for individuals and businesses with business-related COVID-19 issues and questions on this website with all COVID-19 info:
- SBA has approved a statewide disaster declaration for New York. Eligible small businesses may now apply for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) online at:
- DOL has been working hard to keep up with the new demand for Unemployment Insurance and has institute new rules that include extended ours and restrictions about when to file based on your last name:
- DOL is also reminding businesses of its Shared Work Program that can provide an alternative to laying off employees during business downturns by allowing workers to work a reduced work schedule and collect partial unemployment insurance benefits for up to 26 weeks. Instead of cutting staff, you able to reduce the number of hours of all employees or just a certain group:
- Below is the main NYS page for all COVID-19 information: