MissionOur Ontario County Employee Wellness Program mission is to enhance employee health by:
- Fostering interest in & encouraging employees to lead healthier lifestyles
- Providing diverse wellness programs to meet a wide range of personal health needs
- Decreasing absenteeism due to illness and stress
- Developing a positive work culture focused on celebrating & improving the quality of life for all employees
Ontario County cares about your health. The Ontario County Employee Wellness Program focuses on promoting awareness and education, motivation for positive behavior changes, and influencing County practices and policy to support a healthy environment. Our programs are offered to encourage all employees to live healthier lifestyles and create a culture of health throughout the County.
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Community Health Magazine
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Promoting the Flu Clinic
- Health Risk Assessments
- Healthy Rewards
- Healthy Snack Days
- Lunch and Learns
- Promoting the Walking Trail in Hopewell
- Wellness Champions
- Wellness Survey
- Wellness Fair
In an effort to continue to improve the health and wellness of Ontario County employees, the Ontario County Employee Wellness Committee strives to create a culture of wellness and promote a work environment that encourages healthy behaviors. The Ontario County Employee Wellness Committee provides the tools, resources and education necessary to support healthy living, both at home and at work.
Our successful Employee Wellness Program is supported by a dynamic network of more than 15 enthusiastic individuals...otherwise known as: Wellness Champions! Wellness Champions support the wellness program by:
- Assisting in promoting and planning wellness programs and resources
- Updating Wellness Information in your Building
- Providing communication to employees and feedback to the Wellness Committee
Represeting a wide spectrum of Ontario County employees, the efforts of the Wellness Champions are greatly appreciated and very important to the success of the wellness program.
Wealth of Health Award 2012
For its success in promoting health and wellness in the workplace, Ontario County was a winning recipient of the Wealth of Health 2012 Award for employers with 500-1,999 employees. The Wealth of Health is a local award co-sponsored by Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and the Rochester Business Journal where employers of all sizes in the six-county Rochester area are eligible to apply.
Honorees were judged on employee involvement in health initiatives, the creativity of these activities to reach specific targets, sustainability of programs and measurable outcomes.
Mary Krause, Director of Human Resources states "Wellness is at the top of the list for our public-sector workforce. Our goal is to foster physical, mental and emotional health for our employees while realizing the added benefit of controlling health care costs."